Responsible for coordinating all shipping needs for the company. This includes selecting freight carriers, negotiation rates, preparing all required documentation, monitoring shipment progress, and resolving any problems that may arise. Work with Planners to consolidate and optimize shipments to domestic and international warehouses. Track and analyze shipment metrics and recommend changes as needed. Assist with monitoring warehouse metrics and follow up as needed. Assist with month end inventory reconciliations and periodic inventory counts. Participate in process improvement efforts. Occasional overtime and weekend hours required, specifically around month and/or quarter ends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Review and prepare all warehouse transfers and shipment requests for domestic and international markets. Insure product is delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner.
- Monitor inventory levels in assigned markets.
- Assist with set up of ERP system, including item setup, lead-time, and bill of materials.
- · Participate in quarterly physical inventory counts.
- Prepare and analyze reports on shipments and transportation data.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in supply chain activities.
- Network marketing industry experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of shipping practices and requirements, especially internationally.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of supply chain systems, concepts, processes and requirements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- A proactive and decisive attitude.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ERP systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.