This position will report to the Director, Brand Management. He/she will have partnerships with sales, finance, operations, legal, and product development; and within marketing, as well as international executives and staff.
This position requires strong experience in international product marketing, market research, consumer insights, packaging, market strategy and development, campaign development, POP merchandising, and forecasting. This position also requires someone who is strategic, can multi-task, has impeccable communications skills and is ready to roll up their sleeves.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage and utilize consumer insights through data mining, research, and listening to the field.
- Conduct analysis of the market to understand trends, competitors, and consumers behaviors (both as B2B and B2C).
- Identify target segmentations and define brand/product positioning.
- Define, manage, and grow brand portfolio.
- Lead in developing seasonal, annual, and long term marketing strategies and plans for in-line and new products, and in existing and new international markets.
- Lead in the development of marketing plans, sales forecasts, profit and expenses for assigned brands/product and other marketing opportunities such as promotions, packages, and incentives.
- Identify issues/opportunities and articulate directions/briefs for integrated marketing activities comprised of events, promotions, advertising, on-line, PR plans; and ensure effective implementation and accountability of each activity.
- Ability to manage and facilitate process and development of product ideation, pricing, packaging, and design; with a vision and consistency to integrate with overall sales and marketing plan.
- Build cross-functional relationships internally, especially with Sales, Product Development, Legal, and Operations.
- Create integrated communications by leading and collaborating with respective marketing functions and external marketing resources.
- Be the gatekeeper of schedules around all marketing-related activities and proactively ensure on-time deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze progress made by marketing programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, post graduate degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of brand management experience from leading consumer goods companies (FMCG a preference).
- Outstanding in formulating brand strategies and managing marketing executions.
- Adept in working with a broad range of departments and in a global and matrix organization.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Experience in working in international markets and/or roles.
- Experience of brand P/L responsibilities.
- Experience in Direct Selling industry is a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well to people in multi-national organizations and with people in foreign subsidiaries.
- A persuasive individual with excellent presentation skills and the ability to get support for his/her programs and plans.
- An organized individual, comfortable at multi-tasking, and able to prioritize amongst many competing activities.
- Strong analytic and strategic reasoning skills, particularly as they relate to leveraging consumer insights through data mining and feedback from the field.
- Solid business acumen, able to develop plans and budgets, and then operate within those guidelines.
- Confident individual with instant credibility who is able to excel in relatively unstructured function.
- Strong leadership abilities and comfortable in a matrix organization.
- Creatively driven and willingness to accept and try new things.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.